Self-catering with French host(s)
By opting for self-catering, you’ll find a good compromise between living with French people and remaining independent.
You will share a flat or a house with a French family or, according to availabilities, with French roommates who are working or studying in Toulouse: you’ll get to know French habits and customs then.
But, anyway, you’ll keep your independence and remain free to go in and out.
The advantages of the self-catering with French host(s)
- You’ll cook your own meals:
- You’ll have access as you please to the fully-equipped kitchen, and to all the necessary cooking equipment and utensils;
Be careful : you’ll have to respect the hours that will be agreed with the other members of the house or flat.
- You’ll have to purchase your own food and prepare your own meals;
- You’ll have a shelf in the fridge and one in a cupboard.
- You’ll have access to all the common areas of the house or flat: the living room, the dining room, the bathroom;
- You’ll be free to use the TV and/or the Hi-Fi system if you wish to watch and/or listen to French programs.
- There is also an Internet connection, with wireless access (Wi-Fi) most of the time.
- You’ll have a private fully furnished room:
- Single or double bedroom, only available for two people who register together;
- Each room is equipped with, at least, a bed, a desk and a chair, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, and/or a closet with shelves to store all your personal items. There is also a window.
- Bedding, sheets and towels are provided and changed weekly.
- Your host will clean the room and provide laundry service once a week too.
- Your accommodation will be located at a maximum of 15 minutes from the school, that is to say from the city center, using public transport (metro/bus).
- Pick-up service is free of charge: your hosts will meet you at the airport or train station at the time of your arrival (they will be holding a sign that reads "Langue Onze"), and they will accompany you back when you leave too.
Time of arrival to be respected:
- Arrival: between 08:00 a.m. (08h00) and 11:00 p.m. (23h00), the Sunday before the course begins;
- Departure: between 10:00 a.m. (10h00) and 12:00 a.m. (midday) the Saturday following the end of the course.