Half board with French host(s)
By opting for half-board, you make sure that you’ll live in a total linguistic and cultural immersion, feeling at ‘home away from home’.
The welcoming French hosts will help you practice your French speaking, and learn more about French habits and customs, especially when sharing meals at dinner time.
The advantages of the half board with French host(s):
- Your hosts will prepare your meals for breakfast and dinner every day, including during week-ends, and you will dine with them;
- You’ll have access to all the common areas of the house or flat: the living room, the dining room, the kitchen, the bathroom;
Be careful: you won’t be allowed to cook.
- You’ll be free to use the TV and/or the Hi-Fi system if you wish to watch and/or listen to French programs;
- There is also an Internet connection, with wireless access (Wi-Fi) most of the time.
- You’ll have a private fully furnished room:
- Single or double bedroom, only available for two people who register together;
- Each room is equipped with, at least, a bed, a desk and a chair, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, and/or a closet with shelves to store all your personal items. There is also a window.
- Bedding, sheets and towels are provided and changed weekly.
- Your host will clean the room and provide laundry service once a week too.
- Your accommodation will be located at a maximum of 15 minutes from the school, that is to say from the city center, using public transport (metro/bus).
- Pick-up service is free of charge: your hosts will meet you at the airport or train station at the time of your arrival (they will be holding a sign that reads "Langue Onze"), and they will accompany you back when you leave too.
Time of arrival to be respected:
- Arrival: between 08:00 a.m. (08h00) and 11:00 p.m. (23h00), the Sunday before the course begins;
- Departure: between 10:00 a.m. (10h00) and 12:00 a.m. (midday) the Saturday following the end of the course.
Other options are also available
- ‘Bed and breakfast’: breakfast every morning only;
- ‘Full board’: breakfast, lunch bag (picnic for lunch) and dinner. Only available for people aged under 18.