Learn french in France, comme to the pink city !
As the commercial capital of south-western France and the gateway to the whole Midi-Pyrénées region, Toulouse offers you the perfect setting to learn French and to immerse yourself in the French language and culture!
Now 4th city of France with a population of 445.000 inhabitants growing constantly, Toulouse offers the perfect balance.
The city keeps a spirit of « small town » with a rich cultural and historic heritage and its authentic « art of living », offering as well the energy of a big European city, creative, expansive and innovative.
Toulouse cosmopolite, Toulouse student city
Toulouse is the 2nd student french town after Paris, it welcomes some 140.000 students coming from Europe and from all over the world to study in public universities and renowned Grandes Ecoles known for :
- Engineering : aeronautics, aerospace, structral engineering, information and telecommunication, and electronics.
- Research : medical, biotechnology, agronomics, climatology.
- Art and Creation : the fine arts, graphic design, audiovisual media, multimedia, fashion and photography.
It makes it a young, dynamic and cosmopolite city, ideal to learn french, build contacts, start a university course and/or live a professionnal experience.
Toulouse, welcoming city and easy to live
- Practise French in context ! People from Toulouse are known to be open and welcoming. They will help you to find your way and you will easily find friends in cafés, bars and clubs of the city. Shopkeepers and waiters will encourage you to practise your french.
- Share the art of living « à la Toulousaine » ! In Toulouse, you will know and share the typically french way of life:
Wander in the busy streets, linger at the terrace of a café, taste a cassoulet, a duck filet and a local wine, discover the open markets on Sunday morning or go shopping in the old town on Saturday afternoon, relax in a park or a garden or go cycle ridding along the Garonne or Canal du Midi.
Sweet life but also festive life ! Going out in a club, in a concert, in a festival or enjoy a rugby match of the Stade Toulousain.
Toulouse, city of knowledge and industry
Historically pioneer concerning research and innovation, Toulouse became the center of the aeronautic and spatial industry, the biotechnology, the research and of the developement of high technology.
- Enter the history of aviation and space ! Visit the assembly line of Airbus and of the famous A380 or explore the mysteries of the Universe at the Cité de l’Espace (leisure park) with the rocket Ariane V, the Mir Station, the Imax and the planetarium.
- Study or work in Toulouse, in a city turned towards booming industry ! The best universities and the Grandes Ecoles are waiting for you such as the big industrial companies (Airbus, EADS, ASTRIUM, CNES, THALES, Ariane Space, Research Institute Pierre Fabre, Capgemini…), making of Toulouse the heart of a dynamic and attractive economic region.
Visit Toulouse and discover the rich cultural heritage (architectural, artistical, industrial, linguistic) of the « pink city »
- Be seduced by : beautifull mansions, religious monuments, the Capitole Square, the Canal du Midi, the Occitan (the local language), the violet and the pastel, witness of the fascinating history and strong identity of the town and its region.
- Discover the rich collections of the museums, the industrial sites, the private galeries, the association of artists, the avant-guardist performances, the bookshops
- Not to be missed : Cultural events and festivals (Rio Loco, le Marathon des Mots, Toulouse en piste, Les Siestes Electroniques, La Novela, Le Festival MAP, Jazz sur son 31…) and a lot of theaters, dance places, Operas, and cinemas with a wide range of french and foreign films.
Toulouse, Capital of Midi-Pyrénées region
Front door to the Midi-Pyrénées region (the largest region of France), Toulouse has the perfect location : half way between the Atlantic Ocean, the Pyreneans and the Mediteranean coast ! The pink city will then be the ideal starting point to organize your week ends and excursions to the mountain, to the sea or to the historical villages and places classified of the region.